Teks Biografi BJ Habibie | Bahasa Inggris Kelas 10
Teman KOCO, yuk kita simak bersama materi biography text yang terdiri dari structure and grammar or language features (struktur dan kaidah kebahasaan), characteristics (karakteristik), hingga contoh teks biografi BJ Habibie mulai dari introduction (pengenalan tokoh), events (rangkaian pengalaman tokoh dalam urutan kronologis, mulai dari personality/kepribadiannya hingga achievement/penghargaan yang diperoleh), serta reorientation (rangkuman atau perjalanan cerita terakhir tokoh) di bawah ini.
Biography Text: Structure and Grammar
Biography is a text that tells the life journey of a character. The story covers the problems that the characters have faced and the strengths of the characters that inspire them.
Teks biografi merupakan sebuah teks yang menceritakan perjalanan hidup seorang tokoh. Kisahnya mencakup permasalah yang pernah dihadapi tokoh dan maupun kelebihan-kelebihan tokoh yang menginspirasi.
● Orientation – This section includes an introduction to the characters and the background of the story or event that will be told in the next section.
● Events – A series of events experienced by the character, ordered in a chronological sequence.
● Reorientation – A summary or personal comment about the event or what happened in the end.
● Orientation – Bagian ini mencakup pengenalan tokoh dan latar belakang kisah atau peristiwa yang akan diceritakan pada bagian selanjutnya.
● Events – Serangkaian peristiwa yang dialami oleh tokoh, diurutkan dalam urutan kronologis.
● Reorientation – Rangkuman atau komentar pribadi tentang peristiwa atau apa yang terjadi pada akhirnya.
● Using the third person pronouns ‘he’, ‘she’, or ‘they’
● Using action verbs to describe events experienced by characters or actions taken by characters
● Have passive verbs to describe events experienced by characters
● Using adjectives to describe character traits, such as genius, diligent, and tenacious
● Menggunakan kata ganti orang ketiga tunggal ‘he’, ‘she’, or ‘they’
● Banyak menggunakan kata kerja tindakan untuk menjelaskan peristiwa yang dialami tokoh atau perbuatan yang dilakukan tokoh
● Memiliki banyak kata kerja pasif untuk menjelaskan peristiwa yang dialami tokoh
● Memiliki banyak kata sifat untuk mendeskripsikan sifat tokoh, seperti jenius, rajin, dan ulet
Characteristics of Biography Text
Characteristics of Biography Text
● Contains facts based on the life experiences of the characters
● Presented in narrative form
● Tells important events experienced by the character so that it can be used as an example for readers
Ciri-ciri teks biografi
● Berisikan fakta yang didasarkan pada pengalaman hidup tokoh
● Disajikan dalam bentuk narasi
● Menceritakan peristiwa penting yang dialami sang tokoh sehingga dapat dijadikan teladan bagi pembaca
Contoh Teks Biografi BJ Habibie
B.J. Habibie, in full Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie, (born June 25, 1936, Parepare, Indonesia—died September 11, 2019, Jakarta), Indonesian aircraft engineer and politician who was president of Indonesia (1998–99) and a leader in the country’s technological and economic development in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
Brilliant in science and mathematics from childhood, Habibie received his postsecondary education at the Bandung Institute of Technology in Bandung, Indonesia, and furthered his studies at the Institute of Technology of North Rhine–Westphalia in Aachen, West Germany. After graduating in 1960, he remaine in West Germany as an aeronautics researcher and production supervisor.
Suharto took power as Indonesia’s second president in 1966, and in 1974 he asked Habibie—whom he had known for 25 years—to return to the country to help build advanced industries. Suharto assured him that he could do whatever was needed to accomplish that goal. Initially assigned to the state oil company, Pertamina, Habibie became a government adviser and chief of a new aerospace company in 1976. Two years later he became research minister and head of the Agency for Technology Evaluation and Application. In these roles he oversaw a number of ventures involving the production and transportation of heavy machinery, steel, electronics and telecommunications equipment, and arms and ammunition.
In March 1998 Suharto appointed Habibie to the vice presidency, and two months later, in the wake of large-scale violence in Jakarta, Suharto announced his resignation. Thrust unexpectedly into the country’s top position, Habibie immediately began to implement major reforms. He appointed a new cabinet; fired Suharto’s eldest daughter as social affairs minister as well as his longtime friend as trade and industry minister; named a committee to draft less-restrictive political laws; allowed a free press; arranged for free parliamentary and presidential elections the following year; and agreed to presidential term limits (two five-year terms). He also granted amnesty to more than 100 political prisoners.
In 1999 Habibie announced that East Timor, a former Portuguese colony that had been invaded by Indonesia in 1975, could choose between special autonomy and independence; the territory chose independence. Indonesia held free general elections (the first since 1955) in June, as promised. Later that year Habibie ran for president, but he withdrew his candidacy shortly before the October election, which was won by Abdurrahman Wahid. After Wahid took office, Habibie essentially stepped out of politics, although in 2000 he established the Habibie Center, a political research institute.
Habibie’s wife, Hasri Ainun , had known him since they were schoolmates. After her death in 2010, Habibie wrote a fond memoir of their life together, Habibie and Ainun, which was turned into a successful film of the same name, released in 2012. In one popular scene Ainun, a doctor, reproaches him for not taking care of his health: “If you don’t look after your body properly, how are you supposed to look after 200 million people?” she asks. Habibie did look after the people far better than had his malign patron and predecessor, but with the army still powerful behind the scenes Indonesia’s democratic transition remains incomplete to this day.
Vocabularies Related to Famous People
Here are some vocabularies related to famous people:
Usai menyimak pemaparan diatas, kini kamu makin mahir menguasai seputar teks biografi B.J. Habibie.
Oiya, Minco alias Mimin KOCO juga mau kasih bocoran, nih kalau KOCO Star juga menyediakan media pembelajaran jika kamu masih butuh penjelasan yang lebih lengkap lagi. Langsung klik gambar banner ini, ya!
Dapatkan juga akses ke ribuan materi atau video belajar Matematika, IPA, IPS, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Inggris, dan mapel lainnya, serta bantuan langsung dari para guru secara live online melalui KODIO Learning.